Visceral fat, or belly fat, is stored deep inside your body. It surrounds and protects your internal organs. You can’t see visceral fat, as it’s underneath your abdominal muscles. Besides the fact that visceral fat doesn’t look great, carrying too much visceral fat is linked to a higher risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and even certain cancers. By increasing the amount of aerobic exercise, you do, however, you could get rid of your visceral fat.
Aerobic exercise is the kind of activity which burns fat everywhere, particularly though, in the belly.
Health experts agree that anything which raises the heart rate and makes a person work up a sweat will help reduce visceral fat.
Regular aerobic exercise is one of the best ways to shed your visceral fat and burn belly fat.
Commonly known as cardio, it burns a lot of calories and helps to lose belly fat.
In a study with the National Library of Medicine, a review of the effect of aerobic vs resistance exercise on visceral fat was investigated.
The study noted: “Exercise therapy is an integral component of obesity management, but the most potent exercise prescription for visceral fat benefit is unclear.
“We aimed to evaluate the independent and synergistic effects of aerobic exercise and progressive resistance training and to directly compare the efficacy of aerobic and resistance training for beneficial visceral fat modulation.
“A systematic review and meta-analysis were performed to assess the efficacy of exercise interventions on visceral fat content/volume in overweight and obese adults.”
The study found that aerobic exercise is central for exercise programmes aimed at reducing visceral fat, and that aerobic exercise below current recommendations for overweight/obesity management may be sufficient for beneficial visceral fat modification.
How to lose visceral fat: Five smart food swaps [DIET]
How to lose visceral fat: Avoid one type of drink [DIET]
How to get rid of visceral fat: The cooking oil proven to help [DIET]
Physiologist Cris Slentz, Ph.D. said: “Numerous studies have sought to identify the most effective form of exercise to get rid of that unhealthy fat.
“If you want to lose belly fat, aerobic exercise is the better choice because it burns more calories.”
One study revealed aerobic exercise burned 67 percent more calories than resistance training.
“What really counts is how much exercise you do, how many miles you walk and how many calories you burn,” Slentz said.
“If you choose to work at a lower aerobic intensity, it will simply take longer to burn the same amount of unhealthy fat.”
Dr Louise Wiseman said: “We think about 90 per cent of our fat is subcutaneous and the remaining 10 per cent is visceral or inside the abdomen.
“It stands to reason if you are carrying excess fat it is likely you are carrying excess visceral fat.
“Having belly fat does not always mean there is a large amount of visceral fat as this can still be subcutaneous, but a larger waist can indicate deep fat beneath.
“The only way to definitively diagnose the amount of visceral fat someone carries is by a CT or MRI scan which is just not feasible.
“A simple tape measure may be the best guide to use at home.”
When it comes to dieting to helping you get rid of visceral fat, the key things to focus on are creating an energy deficit, getting enough protein (which fills you up as well as helping your muscles repair and grow), eating more simple, wholesome, nutrient-dense foods, and cutting down on the junk that you know isn’t doing you any good.
There are many ways to achieve those things, from a ketogenic diet to intermittent fasting.
Ultimately, the best diet for getting rid of visceral fat is one that you can stick to.
Compliance and consistency trumps most other things when it comes to getting in shape.
Source: Read Full Article